Revolution is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. If you provide us with information about your health, we also strive to ensure that our handling of that information complies with applicable State and Territory health records legislation.
1. What personal information does Revolution collect and why?
Revolution collects personal information from its members and from membership applicants, contractors, employees, and people we do business with.
Revolution needs personal information:
- to provide its members with personalised training services (including assessments of physical fitness, health status and goals); and
- to conduct our business (eg to administer accounts, charge fees and to communicate with our members and business contacts).
To illustrate, the personal information we collect about our members includes:
- Identification Information, including each member's name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address), date of birth and driver's licence number;
- Health information, including information provided on the Personal Details Assessment Form questionnaire (that members complete upon becoming a member of Revolution) and information we collect in the course of memberships. Health information is a sensitive form of personal information, so we only collect it with your consent, and we only collect what we need;
- Financial Information, including bank account details and credit card details, as well as information about payment or non-payment of membership fees.
We need this personal information to provide health and fitness services, and is collected from application forms.
We also collect:
- Business Contact Information from and about our suppliers and other people we do business with. This information is needed so that we can manage our business;
- "Next of Kin" Information, which we collect from our members for use in the case of an emergency. We suggest that our members tell their next of kin that they have been nominated for this purpose; and
2. How does Revolution use personal information?
As indicated, we use personal information to provide Personal Training Services and Programs, to manage and administer memberships and to operate our business.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use members' personal information to mail out special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material.
3. Does Revolution share my personal information with anyone else?
Revolution will disclose your personal information in a few different ways.
Like most businesses, sometimes we outsource or "contract out" specific support services from time to time, and this may mean that our contractors see your personal information which means that they are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us.
We will disclose personal information if we are under a legal requirement to do so (eg under a court order, or if required under legislation), or if an authorised request is made from a law enforcement agency.
Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information with the consent of the relevant individuals. For example, if you are a member, with your consent (and only with your consent):
- we may provide personal information to Revolution's personal trainers to assist you to improve your fitness and well being, and so they can advise you which fitness programs are suitable for you. If personal trainers are contractors (rather than Revolution employees), their contracts with us require them to keep your personal information confidential. Of course, all our employees are required to keep your personal information confidential also; and
- we may disclose personal information to our business partners so that they can contact you directly with special offers, discounts or other membership benefits.
4. How can I access my Personal Information?
Privacy laws give you rights to seek access to the personal information we hold about you. You can seek access by completing an access request form from Revolution by writing to the Privacy Officer – GPO Box 2932 Melbourne Vic. 3001.
Generally, we should be able to provide you with access within a month of your request, although we may need more time if your request is complicated. Ordinarily, Revolution will not charge you for the cost of providing access to your personal information. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
We try to ensure that all the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to help us with this. If you wish to update or correct the personal information we hold about you, please contact our office.
5. Is my Personal Information kept secure?
Revolution takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We remind our staff and contractors of the importance of storing personal information in a secure way, and to treat it like confidential information.
Revolution only offers its Personal Training Services and Programs to members, and it is not possible to become a member of Revolution without providing Revolution with the personal information that is requested in our application form and in our Personal Details Assessment Form questionnaire.
7. Website/online privacy
Generally, Revolution will handle personal information collected online consistently with the way that it handles personal information collected offline. Other matters specific to Revolution's handling of personal information online are set out below.
When you visit our website, we will not collect any personal information unless you chose to provide it to us (eg by sending us emails through our website). However, we may collect certain data that does not identify you (sometimes called "web log information") when you visit certain pages, such as the type of browser and operating system you have. We may also use "cookies" which are small files that are stored on your computer and that manage the security and navigation process of the site. You can choose to block these cookies but some portions of the site may not function correctly if you do. This type of data is collected for statistical purposes only, and while cookies will identify your computer, they are unlikely to identify you personally.
b) Email/SMS marketing
We will not email or SMS you marketing material unless you have consented to this. This is a requirement of the Spam Act 2003. Further, you can unsubscribe from our e-newsletter or other bulletins by using the "unsubscribe" facility contained in each electronic publication we send.
c) Site security policy
Our website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information.
8. Contact details and other information
- by letter: Privacy Officer, Revolution Head Office, GPO Box 2932 Melbourne Vic. 3001
- by telephone: 1300 362 311; or
- by email to email@example.com
Training session times are able to be booked between 5:30am and 9pm Monday to Friday and between 6am and 12pm Saturday.
We are available to take your call anytime between 9am and 7pm Monday to Friday.
17A Market Street
South Melbourne, Vic 3205
CALL TODAY 1300 362 311